Building Cleaning Services | Stone Cleaning & Restoration
Kaizen Group | Setting the standards in building refurbishment
When only ‘as good as new’ will do.
Our unique self-contained vehicles hold our entire specialist cleaning equipment, so we can clean any stone substrate.
Gentleness – all forms of masonry are relatively fragile, some more than others of course. This is where our many years of cleaning and renovating old stone has given us the knowledge of how to treat it with care and consideration – for now and the future.
Our specialist pressure washing system delivers water up to 150 degrees centigrade and allows us to drop the water pressure significantly. This means it’s the heat, not the pressure, that removes the surface dirt, grime and debris – so you’ll get stunning results without damaging the stone’s surface.
Among the many stone buildings we’ve cleaned in the UK are The Criterion Theatre, London, The Lanesborough Hotel in Park Lane, Corus Tubes in Corby, Imperial College, London, Bushey Park House, London and the Scottish and Newcastle head office in Northampton.
Carrying out a stone cleaning building survey
If you have a stone building then we first need to establish what type it is and what sort of condition it’s in. We will liaise with your local planning department to establish the building’s history and whether it is listed and then look at the dimensions and its location. From these basics we may suggest a number of different cleaning methods to include jos torc, nebulous water spraying or gentle chemical removers.
- All stone is different, as is the mortar binding the them.
- Stone may be soft or very hard, weathered, worn or damaged – or very old and rare. We understand these things.
- The reason the stone needs cleaning is as important as its type – is it general dirt, a covering of moss, weeds and ivy which you want removed or because of vandal or other damage?
- The state of the stone and masonry dictates our course of action.
- For soft, old or rare stone – even hard stone – where conservation is important, we will almost certainly recommend nebulous spray cleaning – the least abrasive method.
- Where layers of paint or graffiti have to be removed, we will, by necessity, use chemicals – but sparingly to avoid damaging the fabric of the stone or surrounding structures.
- We can work at all height levels, regardless of access difficulties.
- We use the most appropriate access method – scaffolding, access platforms or rope access technology. Safety is paramount.
- Our truck mounted pumps power water through our special spray heads which jet at critical angles to soften dirt and grime.
- Only if the stonework needs repointing we will do so.
- We always clean up afterwards! This includes washing windows, doors and guttering / pipework etc and making good the site.
We’ll climb up, abseil down and inspect every nook and cranny until we understand what your building needs inside and out, to make it as good as new.
The difference between good and great is the detail. And we make sure every single one is perfect.
The process starts with a thorough inspection from top to bottom – we’ll climb up, abseil down and look in every nook and cranny until we understand your building inside and out.
We’ll then send you a detailed report about our findings, supported by photographs and a list of recommendations and a proposed schedule of works.
- Meticulous planning and assessment to determine the best methodology and equipment for the job
- Detailed expert advice to help you make the right decisions
- The latest technology means time saved and better results
- Professional, friendly and experienced team
- Minimal disruption to operations
- High health & safety standards
- Ingenious solutions to access problems
How we can help
Here’s a range of the kind of jobs we can undertake:
Nearly all distribution hubs use racking bolted to the floor. When the time comes to hand back the building to the owner, a common dilapidation requirement is to remove the bolts. As we’ve been asked so many times to provide this service, we can offer to remove these too. Another part of the complete refurbishment service that Kaizen offers.
Read more >>
We can repaint an entire building for you. Top to bottom, inside or out. We’re also experienced in applying specialist types of paint – fireproof, graffiti-resistant, we’ve done it. Just get in touch with your requirements and our team will talk you through what you need.
Metal or UPVC double-glazed windows often suffer from various issues from blown panels to faulty gaskets. As part of our services and because of our innovative access methods , we can get to those hard-to-reach windows and repair the, improving the look from the outside, and the view from the inside.
Large buildings of all types are often covered in various types of fascia. Over time these become discoloured, brittle and/or cracked, making a building unsightly. We can remedy this by specialist refurbishment techniques or by precision panel replacement.
A common issue with corrugated buildings. Where the edges of the different panels join (the ‘cut-edge’) dirt can collect. When dirt collects, moisture collects which leads to rusting, leaks and damage to the fabric of the building. Our specialist team can rectify this problem and make it ‘as new’.
The roof is the most important part of every building, yet as it’s literally out of sight, it can often get neglected. This leads to a variety of problems including cut-edge corrosion, guttering leaks and damage to the fabric of the roof and skylights (that can get broken and also dirty, lowering natural light and increasing lighting bills). Following an inspection we can pinpoint the issues with your roof, and undertake a programme of works to make it watertight for years to come.
We can repair any kind of stone or brickwork. From pointing to marble, we’ll get it looking great.
We understand that our service is only as good as the talents of our team. That’s why the expertise and training of our staff is of paramount importance, so they’re fully prepared for the tough and exacting work they do. Over the years we’ve gained the top accreditations in our industry, and maintain them through regular auditing and a continuous programme of staff training and improvement.
Take the next step…
Find out what we can do for you, and your building.
Ask for a free sample area and we’ll show you what we can do.
We’ll come to you, carry out an onsite survey and give you a quote.
From the first friendly chat to the last happy handshake, we’re here to make everything simple and easy, and to complete the job in hand in an efficient, safe and enjoyable way to the highest of standards.
If you’d like to talk to us about your requirements, arrange a visit, or ask our expert advice on a specialised job, please get in touch: